Thursday, January 25, 2007

Firefox 2

So I switched over to FF2 last night, even though I had heard quite a lot of bug-related issues. Now that I've been using it, I find a thought frequently pops into my head: "I should get Firefox 2."

For you see, the only noticeable difference between 1.5 and 2.0 (version 2.0.0.1 actually, which is more important than one might think) is that the buttons are shinier. I'm sure there's a level of changes underneath (though I read a while back - at release - that little did in fact change) however. Regardless, it isn't really an issue with me. I was 98% happy with Netscape 8.0, my only complaint being the load box when you opened the browser. This is an issue for me because I opened NS, did 2 things, closed it, immediately re-opened it when I remembered I forgot something, and repeated about six times. One of the main reasons I switched to FF was because it seemed like the same thing but without the load box. And also it was better compatible with certain webpages that refused to work under Netscape, making Internet Explorer entirely unnecessary for me.

The end result of this is that if you don't have, go get FF2 (at least by April, when Mozilla cuts support). I know I was telling you as short a time as a week ago how evil 2 was, but it's fine. Really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home