Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Appleseed Cast Show

In Hamden at "The Space."

The Space is about the size of a large basement. It has a couple couches, a few bar stools, a stage, and a bar full of drinks and food that appeal to the "I'm straight-edge until I'm 18" crowd. Which was basically what the clientele was.

So there were probably about 200 people there, tops. The good news about that is that this place is small so it looked packed. The bad news is that less than 200 people were there. But whatever, it was a great show. The intro bands were definitely some of the better ones I've seen in a while (and ABABupleftrightLMNOP was a lot better than last time I saw them) and, best of all, there were only two. Then it was Cast time.

Set list (album):

1. On Reflection [LLO-I]
2. Here We Are (Family In The Hallway) [Per.]
3. Sunlit Ascending [Per.]
4. Steps And Numbers [LLO-I]
5. Sunset Drama King [LLO-II]
6. Silas' Knife [Per.]
7. Forever Longing The Golden Sunsets [MV]
8. Fight Song [TC]
9. "Song written for Peregrine that was too heavy to fit on the album" (my words)
Enc.
10. Peregrine [Per., derrr]
11. Woodland Hunter (Part 1) [Per.]
12. The Clock And The Storm [Per.]

As you can see, it was quite a Peregrine heavy show. But, that can be expected, since the idea is to promote the new album. And Peregrine is a lot better album than Two Conversations (see the one TC song at the show), which I think helped to make this show better than the last one I saw.
The encore selection was very solid, and I came to realize what a effective closer "The Clock And The Storm" is. It was really an excellent venue for the show, even if it was small. The sound quality was quite good, and we were ~20 feet from the band. And the set list definitely was very solid; as was their playing. No sick Crisci this time either.

That said, there were a few minor issues. The first couple songs were absolutely soaked in delay, which made them mildly inaudible. They snapped out of it by "Steps And Numbers" though, and the heavier stuff was done very well.

Oh, and the morons at the show don't understand how an encore works:

1) THE BAND LEAVES.
2) YOU CLAP.
3) THE BAND COMES BACK AND PLAYS A FEW MORE SONGS.

Not "Band leaves then you leave." Asshats. I think five of us understood how it works.

Edit: The name of the venue was "The Space" not "The Place." It seems I can't read the stamp on my own hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home