Monday, January 29, 2007

Castro Note

This is a story I picked up from the Fark pages. I don't think I need to say very much about it, it's pretty self-explanatory. The city of Miami is sponsoring a party for when Castro dies. If the Russians had a party when Reagan died I think we would have probably nuked them. It's amazing how things that are tasteless when anyone else does it are fun when we do it.

I also like that the only comment from "critics" is that:
Critics have accused the city of dictating where people should party, with many preferring to celebrate on the streets of Little Havana. The city says the Orange Bowl celebration would not preclude that.

I guess no one minds celebrating the death of one's opponents. Too bad I didn't know this earlier, I could've had an excellent "Milton Friedman ist gestirbt!" party a few months back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home