Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Why All The Idiocy? (Part II)

I realized I called the other post "Part I" so I decided I needed to conform to that.

The quote:

"We state our unequivocal condemnation of this act of terrorism and we call on all parties to maintain calm at this difficult moment and to avoid any further violence. Immediate implementation of (U.N. Security Council) Resolution 1559, including the withdrawal of all Syrian forces; the disbanding and disarmament of all militias and an end to foreign interference in the political independence of Lebanon."

-US Secretary of State Condeleeza Rice on Hariri's assassination

The bold emphasis is mine. Why didn't the Bush Administration pick up on the blatant hypocrisy of calling for another country (Syria) to withdraw its troops from another country (Lebanon) and stop screwing with politics while we are doing the exact same thing in Iraq? Morons. And hypocrites.